Re: 7.4 for Windows? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Wells
Subject Re: 7.4 for Windows?
Date
List pgsql-general
Magnus Hagander said:
> Until then, you can use the 7.4 Cygwin version on a win32 platform, if
> you're in a hurry.

I don't think we can wait on 7.5, and the cygwin version worries me
because of 1. the extra layer affecting performance, and 2. the added
points of failure. Our target audience is not what you'd call highly
technical, so we'll be hoping to hide a lot of the details of install from
them (scripted or otherwise).

Anyway, can anyone speak to the stability/strength of the various
commercial Postgresql for windows offerings?  I hate to opt for another
RDBMS, because I very much like and am comfortable with Postgresql.  But I
have to be very certain if we buy a commercial version that it offers the
same stability/performance that I am used to from the open Postgresql.

Ones I have found so far are:

UltraSQL from Nusphere (aka Progress Software)
PowerGres from SRA
PostgreSQL from dbexperts.com

Thanks for your help!

John