Re: mingw configure failure workaround - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: mingw configure failure workaround
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> tested with autoconf 2.59.
>
> Unfortunately, it does not. It does try to copy if a link
> fails, unlike what we have now:
>
>   ln -s $ac_rel_source $ac_dest 2>/dev/null ||
>     ln $srcdir/$ac_source $ac_dest 2>/dev/null ||
>     cp -p $srcdir/$ac_source $ac_dest ||
>
> We don't have the last line, which must have been added since
> autoconf 2.53.
>
> However, the problem is that the first line will actually
> appear to have succeeded, i.e. MSys's ln is lying to us ;-(

Ok, how's this for a really ugly solution:

* Provide our own ln (in the form of a shellscript, even)
* Make sure this one gets in ahead of the system supplied one in the
path (from the code above it looks like it's not calling it with a
specific path, so just force-adding somethign to the path of configure
should work?)

This ln can then do a cp directly, and not even bother trying the mingw
ln function which we know will only do cp anyway if it succeeds.

If there is a less ugly solution to be had, by all means stay away from
thsi oen :-)

//Magnus