Re: win32 binary downloads - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: win32 binary downloads
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
>> The binary version of the win32 port is now being downloaded 2000
>> times/week average (up from 1000/week a month ago).  This is with no
>> press release and a well-hidden download page.
>
>Do you have any stats on how many different IPs this is? Are
>we talking
>about 1000 different people each week, or just one very
>enthusiastic tester.

For the past 2 1/2 weeks it has dropped back down to around 1600/week. I
have the following numbers:

3973 downloads in 17 days = 234 downloads/day
1806 unique IPs in 17 days = 106 unique IPs/day

Giving the ratio of 2.2 download/IP. I see a bunch of large ISP proxies
fairly high up on the list, so the truth is somewhere in between.

(log goes back only 17 days on this machine)

//Magnus