Re: canceling query - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: canceling query
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
>> I beleive the fix needs to be in backend/utils/elog.c, function
>> useful_strerror(). Unless someone either tells me that's the
>wrong place
>> or beats me to it, I'll try to get a patch done for this soonest.
>
>Sounds reasonable.  Better look also at errcode_for_socket_access() and
>other places that check for particular errno values.

The errno values are correct (they're #defined in win32.h), it's just
that the system supplied strerror() doesn't know about them.

>While you are at it you might want to make sure there aren't any other
>unprotected strerror() calls in the backend.  At one time we had a fair
>number of places with code like
>
>    elog("barf: %s", strerror(errno));
>
>and I'm not sure if all of them have gotten turned into %m or not.

From what I can see, there are a couple of places in postmaster.c that
uses it, and that's it. And it's all non-socket related. So I think
we're safe there.

Patch coming up shortly :-)

//Magnus