Re: options for RAISE statement - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: options for RAISE statement
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Pavel Stehule" <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> writes:
> I am sending enhanced version of original patch.

Applied with syntax revisions as per pghackers discussion.

I made a couple of other changes too: I took out the restriction against
throwing codes that are category codes, and instead just documented that
that might be a bad idea.  I don't see a reason to prohibit that if
people really want to do it.  Also, for the few condition names that are
duplicated in plerrcodes.h, I just made it throw the first sqlstate it
finds, rather than complaining.  This will work, in the sense that you
can trap the error using the same condition name, and I don't think it's
really important to make the user think about this.

            regards, tom lane