Re: options for RAISE statement - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: options for RAISE statement
Date
List pgsql-patches
2008/5/14 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
> "Pavel Stehule" <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> writes:
>> I am sending enhanced version of original patch.
>
> Applied with syntax revisions as per pghackers discussion.

thank you

> I made a couple of other changes too: I took out the restriction against
> throwing codes that are category codes, and instead just documented that
> that might be a bad idea.  I don't see a reason to prohibit that if
> people really want to do it.

I didn't see a reason to allow it - but I don't see it important

Also, for the few condition names that are
> duplicated in plerrcodes.h, I just made it throw the first sqlstate it
> finds, rather than complaining.  This will work, in the sense that you
> can trap the error using the same condition name, and I don't think it's
> really important to make the user think about this.

I am afraid so this can be surprise for some people - but again it's
not necessary  solve it now.

Regards
Pavel Stehule