Re: curly braces to group outer joins in queries from OpenOffice.org? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: curly braces to group outer joins in queries from OpenOffice.org?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Palle Girgensohn <girgen@pingpong.net> writes:
> Here's their code snippet (from
> oo_1.1_src/dbaccess/source/ui/querydesign/QueryDesignView.cxx):

> if(aJoin.getLength())
> {
>     ::rtl::OUString aStr = ::rtl::OUString::createFromAscii("{ OJ ");
>     aStr += aJoin;
>     aStr += ::rtl::OUString::createFromAscii(" },");
>     aTableListStr += aStr;
> }

Now that I look at it, I bet that they are expecting the ODBC driver to
translate "{ OJ ... }" into the appropriate syntax for the database
(either SQL standard or not, depending on the DB :-().

There are a number of ODBC brace-constructs that our driver knows how to
translate, but I don't think that's one of them.  You should bug the
ODBC guys about it.
        regards, tom lane