Re: [PERFORM] Foreign key performance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [PERFORM] Foreign key performance
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com> writes:
> Okay, this changes the second paragraph of that comment.  I left in the
> comment that's really similar next to where I actually do the selection of
> which start point to use.

This had a bit of a problem yet: the loop in deferredTriggerInvokeEvents
expects 'prev_event' to point to the list entry just before 'event'.
A nice byproduct of fixing that is we don't uselessly rescan the last list
entry.  I also tried to improve the comments a little.  You can see what
I actually applied at
http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql-server/src/backend/commands/trigger.c