Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Improve performance of SendRowDescriptionMessage. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Improve performance of SendRowDescriptionMessage.
Date
List pgsql-committers
>> fe-connect.c:2382:6: warning: implicit declaration of function 'getpeereid' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
>> Looks like we're missing
>> #include <sys/types.h>

> Hm, it got removed as part of
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=9e3755ecb2d058f7d123dd35a2e1784006190962
> but that's not an explanation, because

Nope, because that's quite old.  The oldest make log on praxis for
sungazer is from 2015-08-31, and it contains these warning lines:
auth.c:1585:2: warning: implicit declaration of function 'getpeereid' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]ip.c:228:31:
warning:large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type [-Woverflow]pg_locale.c:1284:3: warning: implicit
declarationof function 'wcstombs_l' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]fe-connect.c:1991:6: warning: implicit declaration
offunction 'getpeereid' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]ip.c:228:31: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to
unsignedtype [-Woverflow]

It looks like we have grown another occurrence of the "implicitly
truncated" nag, but otherwise it's the same warnings in the most
recent log.