Re: pgsql: Make pgbench's expression lexer reentrant. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Make pgbench's expression lexer reentrant.
Date
List pgsql-committers
> On 2016-03-19 20:35:48 +0000, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Make pgbench's expression lexer reentrant.

> This appears to have caused build failures on gaur, prairiedog, and
> pademelon

Yeah, I know.  I have a plan for fixing it but wanted to get the
main pgbench parsing rewrite pushed first.

The problem seems to be that the ancient bison version these critters
are using has a bug for the combination of a reentrant lexer and a
non-reentrant parser.  Which it's not so surprising they'd not have
tested.  I think it won't be too painful to dodge this by making the
parser reentrant too (bison %pure-parser), and will look into that
this evening.

            regards, tom lane