Re: pgsql: Make pgbench's expression lexer reentrant. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: pgsql: Make pgbench's expression lexer reentrant.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Hi Tom,

On 2016-03-19 20:35:48 +0000, Tom Lane wrote:
> Make pgbench's expression lexer reentrant.
>
> This is a necessary preliminary step for making it play with psqlscan.l
> given the way I set up the lexer input-buffer sharing mechanism in commit
> 0ea9efbe9ec1bf07.
>
> I've not tried to make it *actually* reentrant; there's still some static
> variables laying about.  But flex thinks it's reentrant, and that's what
> counts.
>
> In support of that, fix exprparse.y to pass through the yyscan_t from the
> caller.  Also do some minor code beautification, like not casting away
> const.

This appears to have caused build failures on gaur, prairiedog, and
pademelon

http://pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=gaur&dt=2016-03-20%2005%3A53%3A21
http://pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=prairiedog&dt=2016-03-19%2023%3A21%3A23
http://pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=pademelon&dt=2016-03-20%2007%3A59%3A38