Re: initdb fails - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Reini Urban
Subject Re: initdb fails
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
2006/6/21, Álvaro García Pérez <alvaro.garcia.perez@upm.es>:
> I´m trying to run postgreSQL 7.4.13 on cygwin under Windows XP.
> I compile the source and install postgre, but when I run initdb it fails:

when you compiled the source by yourself only you can/should know to
which ipc library you linked against.
ipc-daemon2 or cygwin via cygserver

> creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1...
> /usr/local/pgsql/
>
> bin/initdb: line 644:  1752 Bad system call         "$PGPATH"/postgres -boot
> -x1
>
>  $PGSQL_OPT $BOOTSTRAP_TALK_ARG template1
>

> initdb: failed
>

> I've read some about ipc services and think maybe that's the problem. In the
> latest cygwin version there's no ipc-daemon nor ipc-daemon2 command.

yes, that's the problem. there is no ipc daemon running. or
the CYGWIN env does not contain "server".

--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/              http://murbreak.at/