initdb fails - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Álvaro García Pérez
Subject initdb fails
Date
List pgsql-cygwin

Hello,

I´m trying to run postgreSQL 7.4.13 on cygwin under Windows XP.

I compile the source and install postgre, but when I run initdb it fails:

creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1... /usr/local/pgsql/

bin/initdb: line 644:  1752 Bad system call         "$PGPATH"/postgres -boot -x1

 $PGSQL_OPT $BOOTSTRAP_TALK_ARG template1

initdb: failed

I’ve read some about ipc services and think maybe that’s the problem. In the latest cygwin version there’s no ipc-daemon nor ipc-daemon2 command. Instead there’s cygserver. I’ve tried running the cygserver before and after installation, but initdb always fails.

Anybody knows what could be the problem?