Re: BUG #3363: Unable to load a plugin/library using -c switch to the psql - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Douglas Toltzman
Subject Re: BUG #3363: Unable to load a plugin/library using -c switch to the psql
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I've not done what you're doing, so this is just a suggestion.  I'm
not sure about the Windows shell, but the bash shell will convert
$libdir before handing it off to psql.  Is it possible that $libdir
has a different meaning in psql than it does to the shell?

On Jun 5, 2007, at 4:20 PM, Gurjeet Singh wrote:

> Bug reference:      3363
> Logged by:          Gurjeet Singh
> Email address:      singh.gurjeet@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.3devel
> Operating system:   Windows
> to the
> psql
> Details:
>
> The following command fails:
>
> psql postgres test -X -c "load '$libdir/plugins/index_adviser.dll';"
>
>     Here, 'test' user (non-superuser) is trying to connect to
> 'postgres'
> database, and wishes to load a plugin as the first step.
>
>     But if the same 'load' command is fired by the same user after
> log-in
> using psql, then the command succeeds.
>
> postgres=> load '$libdir/plugins/index_adviser.dll';
> NOTICE:  IND ADV: Loaded; PID: 1164
> LOAD
> postgres=>

Douglas Toltzman