Re: Is there a significant difference in Memory settings between 9.5 and 12 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Is there a significant difference in Memory settings between 9.5 and 12
Date
List pgsql-general
Tory M Blue <tmblue@gmail.com> writes:
> Okay the one difference I see in settings is this little gem in 12..
> shared_memory_type mmap

Well, v12 is just exposing a switch for something that was hard-wired
before.  But now I wonder if your 9.5 installation could've been compiled
to force it to use SysV shmem instead of POSIX.  It would be pretty
unusual to have a system where the SysV shmem limits were higher than
the POSIX limits --- usually it's the other way 'round.  But this'd
explain why you're seeing a difference.

Does v12 start with the higher shared_buffers setting if you
set shared_memory_type = sysv?

            regards, tom lane