Re: PATCH: Fix the issue for saving query output as CSV - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Murtuza Zabuawala
Subject Re: PATCH: Fix the issue for saving query output as CSV
Date
Re: PATCH: Fix the issue for saving query output as CSV  (Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgadmin-hackers
Yes, It will not work in runtime as well but I think Neel is working for fix in run time for this issue, We might able
tofix it in run time but issue persists in Safari unless they add support in browser itself.

https://webkit.org/status/#feature-download-attribute

> On 29-Jun-2016, at 3:40 pm, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 10:33 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala
> <murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> Yes Dave, I agree that downloading files has been supported in browsers since long .
>>
>> But in general we send request & then receives files from web server but in our case we are fetching our data from
Backbonemodels & then converting it to CSV format for downloading as a file at client side in browser itself.

> If Safari doesn't support client-side saving of files, then I have to
> wonder if our runtime will either - both are webkit based.
>
> So I guess the next question to ask is; why don't we just generate the
> CSV on the server side?

@Akshay,
Can you please suggest on above?