Re: Restoring from filesystem backup - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Frankel
Subject Re: Restoring from filesystem backup
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm no expert, but I did just accomplish a restore from backup; so at
least I can help you with your second question.

pg_dump is the animal you'll want to use to create your backup.  I
use it wrapped in a script that automatically timestamps and names
the output appropriately.  Args looks like this:

     pg_dump -Ft -b -v the_db_name > the_output_file.tar

pg_restore restores the database.  i.e.:

     pg_restore -d  the_db_name  the_output_file.tar

Hope this helps -
Scott