Re: Corrected documentation of data type for the logical replication message formats. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Euler Taveira
Subject Re: Corrected documentation of data type for the logical replication message formats.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, May 9, 2021, at 9:37 AM, vignesh C wrote:
For some of the logical replication messages the data type documented
was not correct, especially for lsn and xid. For lsn actual datatype
used is uint64 but is documented as int64, similarly for xid, datatype
used is uint32 but documented as int32.
Attached is a patch which has the fix for the same.
Thoughts?
There was a discussion [1] a few months ago about it. Read the Message Data
Types definition [2]. It is confusing that an internal data type (int64) has a
name similar to a generic data type in a protocol definition. As I said [1] we
should probably inform that that piece of information (LSN) is a XLogRecPtr.
Since this chapter is intended for developers, I think it is fine to include
such internal detail.

--
Euler Taveira