Re: Corrupt index - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Corrupt index
Date
List pgsql-general
Amir Becher <abecher@yahoo.com> writes:
> The source of the problem was the VERITAS Backup Exec.
> I was able to replicate the index corruption in under
> a minute by running a backup and updating the database
> at the same time.

Fascinating.  It would be interesting to know exactly what Veritas is
doing that causes the problem.  Do any error messages show up in the
postmaster log while you are doing the above?

I'm still quite concerned about the health of your database, btw.
I can't see any reason to think that whatever interference is going
on would corrupt only indexes.  There may be problems accumulating
in the table files as well :-(

            regards, tom lane