Re: failed to unlink, Permission denied - Mailing list pgsql-general

From M S
Subject Re: failed to unlink, Permission denied
Date
List pgsql-general
> no, but  (IMO) 8.2.4 is a required upgrade....so you should be testing
that.
Understood, I'll try an upgrade after my repeat tests have finished.

> The server is unable to delete a file (specifically, a  temporary
> table created for sorting).  Have you considered any running services
> that may acquire a lock on the table (windows is famous for this).
There is the possibility of other threads inserting into the same table, but wouldn't that be a problem according to my
understandingof MVCC. There are no LOCK TABLE statements on this table.
I can't think of any programs which would be locking the files (antivirus or other), but I'll have a look.

> This may also suggest you need to look at the work_mem setting, but
> this is not the issue at hand.
Interesting, I'll pass that on.

> is the error repeatable?
I'm running the tests again with 8.2.3 to get an idea.

Cheers for the help!

now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/