Re: Whole Database or Table AES encryption - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mladen Gogala
Subject Re: Whole Database or Table AES encryption
Date
List pgsql-general
On 4/28/22 18:55, Aaron Gray wrote:
On Wed, 27 Apr 2022 at 18:01, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 05:21:41PM +0100, Aaron Gray wrote:
Hi,

Is there any way to (virtually) encrypt whole databases or tables with
AES or other types of encryption ?
You can use storage encryption via the operating system.  Cybertec has a
patch for PG 12 and the community is working on an implementation,
perhaps for PG 16.
I would be very interested in this, are there any further pointers as
to where to look at this ?
Is there a repo branch in place working on this or any documentation ?

Cheers,

Aaron

There is a commercial product which supports database encryption, including PostgreSQL, it's called Voltage:

https://www.techtarget.com/searchsecurity/feature/HP-Security-Voltages-SecureData-Enterprise-Product-overview

The company that I work for uses it to encrypt data in both Oracle and PostgreSQL databases.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant