Re: Whole Database or Table AES encryption - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Aaron Gray
Subject Re: Whole Database or Table AES encryption
Date
Re: Whole Database or Table AES encryption  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 27 Apr 2022 at 18:01, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 05:21:41PM +0100, Aaron Gray wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there any way to (virtually) encrypt whole databases or tables with
> > AES or other types of encryption ?
>
> You can use storage encryption via the operating system.  Cybertec has a
> patch for PG 12 and the community is working on an implementation,
> perhaps for PG 16.

I would be very interested in this, are there any further pointers as
to where to look at this ?
Is there a repo branch in place working on this or any documentation ?

Cheers,

Aaron
--
Aaron Gray

Independent Open Source Software Engineer, Computer Language
Researcher, Information Theorist, and amateur computer scientist.