Re: FSM rewrite committed, loose ends - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gurjeet Singh
Subject Re: FSM rewrite committed, loose ends
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 6:09 PM, Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine@hi-media.com> wrote:
Hi,

Le mardi 30 septembre 2008, Heikki Linnakangas a écrit :
> pg_relation_size() doesn't include the size of the FSM. Should it? I'm
> thinking "no", but pg_total_relation_size() should.

What's practical about pg_relation_size() and pg_total_relation_size() as of
8.3 is that the diff is the cumulated indexes storage volume. Your proposal
makes it harder to get this information, but sounds good otherwise.
Would it be possible to add in some new APIs to?
 a. pg_relation_size()
 b. pg_relation_fsm_size()
 c. pg_relation_indexes_size()
 d. pg_total_relation_size() = a + b + c