Re: BUG #3363: Unable to load a plugin/library using -c switch to the psql - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Gurjeet Singh
Subject Re: BUG #3363: Unable to load a plugin/library using -c switch to the psql
Date
List pgsql-bugs

> "Gurjeet Singh" <singh.gurjeet@gmail.com> writes:
> > The following command fails:
>
> > psql postgres test -X -c "load '$libdir/plugins/index_adviser.dll';"
>
> Define "fails".  I get complaints about the arguments being out of
> order, which they are ...

(this bug is solved (not a bug) ; please refer my last mail)

I am sorry, I didn't post the error messsage; here it goes.

ERROR:  access to library "/plugins/index_adviser.dll" is not allowed

>     Here, 'test' user (non-superuser) is trying to connect to 'postgres'
> > database, and wishes to load a plugin as the first step.
>
> If you think that -c means "run this command and then go into normal
> interactive mode", you're wrong anyway.

No, I do not wish to do that (I use the .psqlrc for that purpose); this is
the first command in a sequence of commands that I want psql to execute and
exit.

--=20
gurjeet[.singh]@EnterpriseDB.com
singh.gurjeet@{ gmail | hotmail | indiatimes | yahoo }.com

17=B029'34.37"N  78=B030'59.76"E - Hyderabad *
18=B032'57.25"N  73=B056'25.42"E - Pune

Sent from my BlackLaptop device