Re: Updated backslash consistency patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Updated backslash consistency patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
How many of the people who find the new behaviour are mainly postgres
hackers and not users?

I remember finding the behaviour *very* frustrating when I was a user
and was mainly concerned with maintaining my own functions. I hardly
ever used \df for system functions.

Now the situation is reversed - I mainly work with test databases with
simple schemas. But it's common for users to have hundreds of
functions - and much more likely that they would want to look them up
by name.

--
Greg