Re: Grant question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject Re: Grant question
Date
List pgsql-general
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 09:52:56 -0500,
>   Barbara Lindsey <blindsey@cog.ufl.edu> wrote:
>> What kind of grant do you need to give a user so that they can have
>> permission to do a "SELECT nextval(ID)" on a sequence?
>> I granted the user SELECT,UPDATE,INSERT,DELETE on all the tables,
>> including the one that has the sequence, but the sequence query is
>> failing on permissions.
>
> Sequences have permissions separate from tables. I believe you need
> update access to call nextval or setval on a sequence. This should be
> described in the documention on the GRANT command.

CREATE SEQUENCE paid.person_person_pk_seq
  INCREMENT 1
  MINVALUE 1
  MAXVALUE 9223372036854775807
  START 232
  CACHE 1;
REVOKE ALL ON TABLE paid.person_person_pk_seq FROM public;
GRANT ALL ON TABLE paid.person_person_pk_seq TO blindsey;
GRANT SELECT, UPDATE ON TABLE paid.person_person_pk_seq TO GROUP app_user;

~Berend Tober