Re: [HACKERS] Oddity in error handling of constraint violation inExecConstraints for partitioned tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Oddity in error handling of constraint violation inExecConstraints for partitioned tables
Date
In response to Re: [HACKERS] Oddity in error handling of constraint violation inExecConstraints for partitioned tables  (Etsuro Fujita <fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2017/07/24 17:30, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> On 2017/07/24 16:16, Amit Khandekar wrote:
>> On 24 July 2017 at 12:11, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp>
>> wrote:
>>> Attached is the updated version of your patch.
>
> Good catch, Amit K. and Amit L.!
>
>> Now that this is done, any particular reason it is not done in
>> ExecPartitionCheck() ? I see that there is a do_convert_tuple() in
>> that function, again without changing the slot descriptor.
>
> Yeah, I think we would need that in ExecPartitionCheck() as well.

Yes, we need that there too.

Done that in the attached v3 (including the test where
ExecPartitionCheck() would have crashed without the patch).

Thanks,
Amit