Re: Return Codes of BatchUpdateException in PostgreSql 9.6 - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Jeremy Whiting
Subject Re: Return Codes of BatchUpdateException in PostgreSql 9.6
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi,
  Comments in-line....

On 14/10/16 09:58, Tillmann Schulz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I made some test with different driver versions. The result seems to be that it is an issue in the newer driver
versionsand not in the postgresql database

> Postgres 9.5.0 with postgresql-jdbc41-9.4-1201.jar contains only updateCounts of first succeeded statements.

> updateCounts[0]=1
> updateCounts[1]=1
> updateCounts[2]=1
> updateCounts[3]=1
> updateCounts[4]=1
> -->correct
  The value 1 is the batched statement return code for
j.s.Statement.SUCCESS_NO_INFO

> Postgres 9.6.0 with postgresql-jdbc41-9.4-1201.jar contains only updateCounts of first succeeded statements.
> updateCounts[0]=1
> updateCounts[1]=1
> updateCounts[2]=1
> updateCounts[3]=1
> updateCounts[4]=1
> -->correct but can't use this driver with postgressql 9.6

  See above.

> Postgres 9.6.0 with postgresql-jdbc41-9.4-1211.jar contains updateCounts of all elements.

> updateCounts[0]=-3
> updateCounts[1]=-3
> updateCounts[2]=-3
> updateCounts[3]=-3
> updateCounts[4]=-3
> updateCounts[5]=-3
> updateCounts[6]=-3
> updateCounts[7]=-3
> updateCounts[8]=-3
> updateCounts[9]=-3
> -->Wrong.updateCounts[0..4] and updateCounts[6..9] contains wrong information.
>

>> will need to set logLevel=2
> How can I set the logLevel. Is it in postgresql.conf?
  logLevel is a connection property.

  With that enabled you can expect to see lots of low level protocol
logging. Exposing driver (FE) to back end (BE) and responses (BE -> FE).

  It is the BE->FE that is helpful in this case.

Regards,
Jeremy