Re: Return Codes of BatchUpdateException in PostgreSql 9.6 - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Tillmann Schulz
Subject Re: Return Codes of BatchUpdateException in PostgreSql 9.6
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hello,

I made some test with different driver versions. The result seems to be that it is an issue in the newer driver
versionsand not in the postgresql database

Postgres 9.5.0 with postgresql-jdbc41-9.4-1201.jar contains only updateCounts of first succeeded statements.

updateCounts[0]=1
updateCounts[1]=1
updateCounts[2]=1
updateCounts[3]=1
updateCounts[4]=1
-->correct

Postgres 9.6.0 with postgresql-jdbc41-9.4-1201.jar contains only updateCounts of first succeeded statements.
updateCounts[0]=1
updateCounts[1]=1
updateCounts[2]=1
updateCounts[3]=1
updateCounts[4]=1
-->correct but can't use this driver with postgressql 9.6

Postgres 9.6.0 with postgresql-jdbc41-9.4-1211.jar contains updateCounts of all elements.

updateCounts[0]=-3
updateCounts[1]=-3
updateCounts[2]=-3
updateCounts[3]=-3
updateCounts[4]=-3
updateCounts[5]=-3
updateCounts[6]=-3
updateCounts[7]=-3
updateCounts[8]=-3
updateCounts[9]=-3
-->Wrong.updateCounts[0..4] and updateCounts[6..9] contains wrong information.

> will need to set logLevel=2
How can I set the logLevel. Is it in postgresql.conf?

Bye,

Tillmann