The description for pg_replication_slots.restart_lsn - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Fujii Masao
Subject The description for pg_replication_slots.restart_lsn
Date
Re: The description for pg_replication_slots.restart_lsn
List pgsql-docs
Hi,

The document explains that restart_lsn column in pg_replication_slots view is:

     The address (LSN) of oldest WAL which still might be required by
     the consumer of this slot and thus won't be automatically removed
     during checkpoints.

But the latter part is not true in v13 thanks to max_slot_wal_keep_size.
I think that we need to update it as follows. Thought?

     The address (LSN) of oldest WAL which still might be required by
     the consumer of this slot and thus won't be automatically removed
     during checkpoints unless this LSN gets behind more than
     max_slot_wal_keep_size from the current LSN.

Patch attached.

Regards,
--
Fujii Masao