Re: pgsql: Make PostgreSQL::Test::Cluster compatible with all live branches - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Make PostgreSQL::Test::Cluster compatible with all live branches
Date
List pgsql-committers
> There are three ways out of this that I can see:
> . carry a copy of parent.pm in src/test/perl (It's very small)
> . use the older and heavier 'base' module which goes back to 5.004, and
> does much the same thing (and a lot more)
> . just do directly what parent.pm's import() does, as in the attached,
> which I have tested down to version 10.

> On the whole I think I prefer the last.

I like #3 too, given that it's such a small patch.  I've verified
that it allows regression tests to run on perl 5.8.8, which is the
oldest I have handy other than prairiedog's 5.8.3 (but that machine
is tied up and I don't feel like trying to test this concurrently
with a buildfarm run).

            regards, tom lane