Re: Materialized view assertion failure in HEAD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Materialized view assertion failure in HEAD
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> writes:
> I failed to touch everything necessary to prevent MVs from having
> OIDs.� This patch fixes the reported problem, and doesn't leave any
> gaps as far as I know; but I will do additional review to try to
> catch any other omissions.� I figured I should address the reported
> problem now, though.

> Will push later today if there are no objections.

I object --- that's not a fix, that's a crude hack.  It should not be
necessary to introduce relkind tests there.  Determination of whether
OIDs exist in the target table should happen well upstream, ie in
whatever is constructing the intoClause.  Otherwise we'll be fixing
code that examines the intoClause until doomsday.