Re: IF EXISTS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From stevethames
Subject Re: IF EXISTS
Date
List pgsql-general
Ok, thanks, Jeff.
This is not a critical problem.  Just annoying.  I'll wait for 8.2.
BTW, while I can see the reason for adding the IF EXISTS clause to the
language for checking the existence of objects, wouldn't it be easier to
simply provide the PL/PgSQL language for script loading?  Then it would be
possible to create scripts for database maintainance that could be run
periodically without having to make them functions stored in the database.
Just a thought.
Cheers!