Connecting to PostgreSQL Server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lukasz
Subject Connecting to PostgreSQL Server
Date
Re: Connecting to PostgreSQL Server
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I installed a postgresql server on one of the machine in my network with
an example IP 192.168.254.102. I have no problem to connect to the
server from this machine, but when I want to have access to pgsql server
from other pc with an example IP 192.168.254.105 it says that I have no
access to database and it suggests adding this line to pg_hba.conf file:

host all all 192.168.0.0/24 md5

Even when I add it, the error is the same.

My pga_hba file looks like this:
# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

# IPv4 local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          md5
# IPv6 local connections:
#host    all         all         ::1/128               md5
host     all     all     192.168.0.0/24     md5

The beginning of the postgresql.conf:

listen_addresses = '*'        # what IP address(es) to listen on;
                    # comma-separated list of addresses;
                    # defaults to 'localhost', '*' = all