Re: ANSI Compliant Inserts - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ANSI Compliant Inserts
Date
List pgsql-patches
>> In general I'm suspicious of rejecting cases we used to accept for
>> no good reason other than that it's not in the spec.  There is a LOT
>> of Postgres behavior that's not in the spec.

> TODO has:
>     o Disallow missing columns in INSERT ... VALUES, per ANSI

Where's the discussion that's the basis of that entry?  I don't recall
any existing consensus on this (though maybe I forgot).

There are a fair number of things in the TODO list that you put there
because you liked 'em, but that doesn't mean everyone else agrees.
I certainly will not accept "once it's on the TODO list it cannot be
questioned"...

            regards, tom lane