Re: contrib/dblink update - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: contrib/dblink update
Date
List pgsql-patches
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> On a somewhat unrelated topic, I never got any feedback on the
> unknownin/out patch and the mb_substring patch. Is there anything else I
> need to do to get those applied?

In my mind, the unknownin/out business was waiting on commentary from
Tatsuo or Hiroshi on whether it was a bug for the TEXT code to be
rejecting byte sequences that had got by the initial pq_getstr
conversion.  If it is, then we should be fixing TEXT not adding new code
for UNKNOWN.  But if TEXT's behavior is considered desirable then we'll
need to change UNKNOWN.

Is the mb patch the one that fixes John Gray's oversight in substring?
If so, I thought that was due to be applied.  Bruce, were you going to
do that?

            regards, tom lane