Re: [HACKERS] Need a builtin way to run all tests faster manner - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Need a builtin way to run all tests faster manner
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/11/17 2:06 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Jim Nasby <jim.nasby@openscg.com> writes:
>> It's actually a lot harder to mess up providing a git repo link than
>> manually submitting patches to the mailing list.
> Yeah, we've heard that proposal before.  We're still not doing it though.
> Insisting on patches being actually submitted to the mailing list is
> important for archival and possibly legal reasons.  If someone sends
> in a link to $random-repo, once that site goes away there's no way to
> determine exactly what was submitted.

The full proposal was that the commitfest app have the ability to
generate and post the patch for you, assuming that the smoke-test passes.
--
Jim Nasby, Chief Data Architect, OpenSCG
http://OpenSCG.com