Re: [HACKERS] Need a builtin way to run all tests faster manner - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Need a builtin way to run all tests faster manner
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jim Nasby <jim.nasby@openscg.com> writes:
> It's actually a lot harder to mess up providing a git repo link than
> manually submitting patches to the mailing list.

Yeah, we've heard that proposal before.  We're still not doing it though.
Insisting on patches being actually submitted to the mailing list is
important for archival and possibly legal reasons.  If someone sends
in a link to $random-repo, once that site goes away there's no way to
determine exactly what was submitted.