Re: ERROR: XLogFlush: request - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nitin Verma
Subject Re: ERROR: XLogFlush: request
Date
List pgsql-general
> An upgrade from 7.3.x to 7.3.18 is pretty close to painless

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/static/release-7-3-13.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/static/release-7-3-10.html

Can't do it blindfolded but still it can be categorized as painless :)

> 2:  Do not upgrade to 8.1.0.  It's been updated many times since then. I
think the latest 8.1.x is 8.1.8 or so. Get that.

Thanx and understood

> 3:  Keep your versions updated and you should avoid most situations like
this in the future.

I hope I do realize that by now :)

I can see something change on
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/static/release-7-3-5.html

* Force zero_damaged_pages to be on during recovery from WAL

Is this related to XLogFlush problem?