Re: ERROR: XLogFlush: request - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: ERROR: XLogFlush: request
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 10:10, Nitin Verma wrote:
> Thanx Tom, anyway we are moving to 8.1.0 soon.
>
> Leaving that moving all our client to newer release will take sometime. I
> hope you know how it works in a product. Till that time we need to release a
> patch that recovers from this condition.
>
> Said that, do we have some advice or workarounds?
>
> I saw 8.1.0's code; it even ends up handling the same condition.

A couple of points.

1:  This problem may be fixed in the latest 7.3.18 version.  An upgrade
from 7.3.x to 7.3.18 is pretty close to painless.  Shut down pgsql,
update package, startup pgsql.  Backup beforehand is a nice option, but
you should have backups already anyway...

2:  Do not upgrade to 8.1.0.  It's been updated many times since then.
I think the latest 8.1.x is 8.1.8 or so. Get that.

3:  Keep your versions updated and you should avoid most situations like
this in the future.