Re: [GENERAL] Latest PostgreSQL on Raspbian Jessie - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Latest PostgreSQL on Raspbian Jessie
Date
List pgsql-general
On 02/23/2017 06:08 AM, Ertan Küçükoğlu wrote:
> [...]

Yeah with the caveat:

"Some psql features might not work."

The older version of psql does not 'know' about new features in 9.6.

> My main problem with my application is to run a query. Connection seems to
> be OK. Trying to run a query and my application simply freeze.

So the issue is with the Postgres library that Lazarus/FreePascal is using.

What would that library be?

> PgAdmin3 gives lots of error messages some objects missing, assertion
> failures, etc. After all these messages PgAdmin3 seems to establish a
> connection to PostgreSQL 9.6 database on Windows OS. However, PgAdmin3
> cannot run a query, too. When I try to do a select, PgAdmin3 freeze. Waiting
> only kills my application, or PgAdmin3. No log messages that I can find of.

Not all that surprising as pgAdmin3 is no longer supported:

https://www.pgadmin.org/download/source.php

As you found out, I don't think the last version of pgAdmin3 is
compatible with 9.6.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com