Re: Dynamic linking on AIX - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Dynamic linking on AIX
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Albe Laurenz" <all@adv.magwien.gv.at> writes:
> This is a second try; this patch replaces
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2006-09/msg00185.php

Looks good, applied.

> The line in src/makefiles/Makefile.aix
> where I set 'libpath' also seems pretty ugly to me.
> It will fail if there is a -L path that contains
> a blank :^(

We were already assuming no spaces in -L switches, see the $filter
manipulations in Makefile.shlib.  So I simplified it to

libpath := $(shell echo $(subst -L,:,$(filter -L/%,$(LDFLAGS))) | sed -e's/ //g'):/usr/lib:/lib

It's annoying to have to shell out to sed to get rid of the spaces, but
this is gmake's fault for having such a brain-dead function call syntax.
After looking at the gmake manual, it is possible to use $subst to get
rid of spaces, but it's even uglier (and much harder to follow) than
the above ...

            regards, tom lane