Re: Dynamic linking on AIX - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Re: Dynamic linking on AIX
Date
Re: Dynamic linking on AIX
List pgsql-patches
This is a second try; this patch replaces
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2006-09/msg00185.php

Incorporated are
- Tom Lane's suggestions for a more sane approach at
  fixing Makefile.shlib
- Rocco Altier's additions to make the regression test run
  by setting LIBPATH appropriately.
- Two changes in /src/interfaces/ecpg/test/Makefile.regress
  and src/interfaces/ecpg/test/compat_informix/Makefile
  without which 'make' fails if configure was called
  with --disable-shared (this is not AIX-specific).

The line in src/makefiles/Makefile.aix
where I set 'libpath' also seems pretty ugly to me.
Do you have a better idea?

Basically I need to convert LDFLAGS like:
-L../../dir -L /extra/lib -lalib -Wl,yxz -L/more/libs
:/extra/lib:/more/libs
and couldn't think of a better way to do it.

It will fail if there is a -L path that contains
a blank :^(

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Attachment