Re: Quite strange crash - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Quite strange crash
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Denis Perchine <dyp@perchine.com> writes:
> You will get SIGKILL in most cases.

Well, a SIGKILL will cause the postmaster to shut down and restart the
other backends, so we should be safe if that happens.  (Annoyed as heck,
maybe, but safe.)

Anyway, this is looking more and more like the SIGTERM that caused your
vacuum to die must have been done manually.

The CRIT_SECTION code that I'm about to go off and add to spinlocking
should prevent similar problems from happening in 7.1, but I don't think
it's reasonable to try to retrofit that into 7.0.*.