Re: pgsql in Portugal - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Luis Forte
Subject Re: pgsql in Portugal
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
hi Elein

in fact, portuguese spoken in portugal is similar to brazilian
portuguese. But it's more different than what you think.
Take this single example: portuguese users use the word "monitor"  or
"ecrã"  to name the crt,tft,etc. Portuguese Brazilian  "Tela" is
commonly used to refer a monitor in Brazil. "Tela", in Portugal,  is
the place were the painter (an artist) paints. Intuition leads you, a
professional, and you find out they are talking about a monitor. New
users won't get there so easy.
Obviously we (portuguese and brazilian) understand each other. On a
social dialog there are minor differences, but technical stuff is a bit
different.
Another point of view about documentation: the more we have the better,
just like in software ! I'm not implying redundancy with that, but
complementarity.

alf