pg_dump problem... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew W. Schmeder
Subject pg_dump problem...
Date
Re: pg_dump problem...  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
Hi.

I am having a problem with the dump/restore operating for a 7.0.2 -> 7.1.2 migration.

This database won't let me do an export...

../bin/pg_dump xapnet_web
PQgetvalue: ERROR! tuple number 0 is out of range 0..-1
Segmentation fault

The nightly backup script for this database has been reporting this error for some time:

NOTICE:  Index pg_attribute_relid_attnum_index: NUMBER OF INDEX' TUPLES (725) IS NOT THE SAME AS
HEAP' (958).
    Recreate the index.
NOTICE:  Index pg_index_indexrelid_index: NUMBER OF INDEX' TUPLES (86) IS NOT THE SAME AS HEAP'
(85).
    Recreate the index.

The database seems to behave normally during all interactions via sql.  The database is not large
(less than 1 megabyte).

Is there anything I can do...?  Maybe some other method for exporting the data?

later,
andy
--
             Andrew W. Schmeder