Re: pg_dump problem... continued - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew W. Schmeder
Subject Re: pg_dump problem... continued
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom, Alex--
Thanks for the reply.

pg_dump from version 7.1.2 did indeed give a better error message:
getTableAttrs(): SELECT (for DEFAULT) for attr content_type_id returned 0 tuples.
Expected 1.

Also I tried to reindex the system tables... its a no-go.

xapnet_web=# reindex table pg_attribute;
NOTICE:  table 'pg_attribute' wasn't reindexed
REINDEX
xapnet_web=# reindex table pg_index;
NOTICE:  table 'pg_index' wasn't reindexed
REINDEX

But in the process of doing this I had to switch postgres to 'standalone' mode --
so I tried the dump again and it worked under standalone.  Why?  Beats me..  but my
problem is solved.

later,
andy

--