Re: What's your experience with using Postgres in IoT-contexts? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thorsten Schöning
Subject Re: What's your experience with using Postgres in IoT-contexts?
Date
List pgsql-general
Guten Tag Tony Shelver,
am Montag, 5. Oktober 2020 um 15:44 schrieben Sie:

> Not sure about PG in that environment. Have you thought about something
> like H2 java database?  https://www.h2database.com/html/main.html

Yes, like SQLite as well. The point is that I was really interested in
keeping as much as possible and we e.g. use some Postgres-specific
constructs currently. Of course things can be changed, but the
question is if it's necessary at all, especially after reading the
PDF:

https://www.postgresql.eu/events/pgconfeu2019/sessions/session/2781/slides/251/PostgreSQL%20for%20IoT.pdf

> That is included as the standarDB in a vehicle tracking system we use,
> although we have re[placed with PG.

And your tracking system is more like the server that I already have
or an embedded system within the vehicles themself?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88