Re: How to debug a locked backend ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: How to debug a locked backend ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Csaba Nagy <nagy@ecircle-ag.com> writes:
> I have right now a locked backend, similar to what I had a few days ago.
> It won't answer to pg_cancel_backend.
> Is there a way to diagnoze what it is actually doing ?

> If you answer, please do it quickly as in max 15 minutes I'll kill -9

This post was pretty much a complete waste of bandwidth then, seeing
that pggeneral never has a turnaround time as short as 15 min (it seems
to be more like 2 hours today :-().

However, if it happens again, please see what you can learn by attaching
to the stuck backend with gdb and getting a stack trace.

            regards, tom lane