Re: EnterpriseDB funding - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: EnterpriseDB funding
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Ron Mayer <rm_pg@cheapcomplexdevices.com> writes:
> Congrats EnterpriseDB guys!
>
> http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20050907005471&newsLang=en
> "        September 07, 2005 09:00 AM US Eastern Timezone
>    EnterpriseDB Corporation Announces $7 Million in Venture
>    Capital Financing; Charles River Ventures, Valhalla Partners
>    Co-Lead Investment in Provider of Open-Source-Based Database...
> "
> (for the guys who don't know, Charles River is one of the
> top-tier VCs in the same league as the guys behind mysql)

It's a two-edged sword; life tends to be simpler when you're using
your own money, and don't have to answer to others...

But there is doubtless a big "rush" out of attracting enough interest
that these folks will invest in them.  Congratulations are definitely
in order...

> It'll be fun to see how you guys use this money.  One idea that I'm
> sure you already thought of - perhaps team with a cost effective HW
> provider like Rackable and win the price/performance TPC
> benchmarks).

Well, at some point it's got to point to activities which will cause
money to roll in.

TPC benchmarks are likely sufficiently indirect that I'm not sure how
helpful that would be.

The directions already taken strike me as sensible ones to enhance...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="cbbrowne.com" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/linuxxian.html